Joanne is a Toronto-based Aerial Circus Instructor, Calisthenics Coach, and Personal Trainer. She completed her Personal Training Certification through CanFitPro (2015), completed the CrossFit Gymnastics Course (2017), as well as her Foundation Level Trapeze Teacher training from the New England Center for Circus Arts.
Training circus arts since 2005, and teaching aerial arts since 2009, she has travelled across Canada, the USA, and Europe coaching athletes, actors and dancers. Currently she coaches aerial circus at Hercinia Arts Collective, and Calisthenics at DeltaTrain Liberty Village.
She firmly believes in hard work, but also that fitness should have an element of fun for it to be sustainable.
Private Lessons and Personal Training are available upon request.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
Joanne has had the privilege of training with so many amazing coaches and athletes from around the world, and continues to seek out opportunities to learn from the best in fields relating to Circus, Calisthenics and CrossFit gymnastics.
CALISTHENICS / CROSSFIT GYMNASTICS
- 2019 // SYN Gymnastics Seminar, Simon Nieland
- 2017 // The Gymnastics Course, formerly CrossFit Gymnastics, Tony Ronchi
- 2016 // Freestyle Connection, Carl Paoli
- Michael Lanphear (Aerial Straps, Coach for Cirque du Soleil)
- Pawel Walczewski (Aerial Straps, Cirque du Soleil performer – VOLTA)
- Niff Nicholls (Secret Circus, Philadelphia, PA)
- Elsie & Serenity Smith (NECCA, Vermont)
- Aimee Hancock (NECCA, Vermont)
- Megan Gendell (Philadelphia, PA)
- Jonathin Fortin (Aerial Straps)
- April Moore Skelton (Frequent Flyers, Boulder, CO)
- Charlie Faraday
- Decker LaDouceur (Toronto School of Circus Arts)
- Working at Heights (Worksite Safety Compliance Centre, Ontario)
- First Aid CPR & AED (St. John’s Ambulance)